Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Opportunities

I was introduced to someone recently, a "quick" coffee that ended up taking well over an hour. Losing time at a first meeting is a good sign. We met up again for some more substantial time together, then again for dinner. She's a warm and interesting person, and I get along with her very well.

And she's kinkier in her way than I am.

We had several solid conversations about kink, about likes/dislikes/needs/fears. There's nothing like sitting in a room and having an actual conversation about these things -- openly and directly -- with someone to build calm and trust. Even I was getting a little impatient to play. That, too, is a good sign.

So last weekend I spent several hours in her home. As is my practice, I will not provide a play-by-play of what we did. But there was much mutual button-pushing, exquisite touch and a little pain, laughter during and talking after. It's a good base to build on, safety and trust as the best of all starting points.

We're independent people, not driving to a pre-determined relationship goal. But the outlines are starting to form around what could be a beautifully sexual D/s relationship. The openness and directness make it easy to be here, drama kept skulking in the shadows by the light of communication. I had been told that this was "out there" somewhere. For the first time in a long time, I'm starting to believe it.

No idea where from here, but the nice thing is that I'm happy to take the ride and see where it takes me.

QL

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you ... may the journey be a joyous one for you both :)

    ReplyDelete