Saturday, May 16, 2009

Time

Everyone has periods in their lives during which time is an impossibly scarce commodity. It's the one thing we cannot create, we can only use more efficiently. I'm in one of those crunch periods: up at 5:00, running flat out through a day of event and task triage, finally realizing that it's 10:00 and I need to get to bed soon so I'm not exhausted the next day. I'm two weeks into the current stretch, and should clear it in a few days. But it got me thinking...

Triage can be a great thing. When I'm under the gun and having to make decisions about what gets done and what gets booted from my schedule, I'm telling myself what is truly important to me. I'll find a way to fit in important things. Lately I've been spending very little time on my own direct sexual pleasure and release, and significant time on relationships. I'm also still spending time making sure I'm communicative as a submissive male in the sea of submissive males. I cannot, it seems, stay away from the idea of finding a woman I match closely.

Lack of time has postponed a few experiments, though. I wanted to try out a chastity device and explore that a little further, though not sure exactly where I want it to go. (My intuition tells me that it's the attitude and intent of the woman holding the key that is as important as the fact of the chastity itself.) I'm also in a little bit of a dressing cycle, but I just don't have time to put myself together in a respectful, feminine way between dashes in and out for one event, task, or other. Does this mean that these things are not important to me? Or am I simply unwilling to do them half way?

Crunch time isn't really a problem, because it's temporary and part of the way I've structured my time. And it pays for a lot of wonderful things in my wonderful life. I know play time is coming, relaxation to match the all-out dash I'm running now. I just don't know yet whether I'll be spending that more-relaxed time in a chastity cage, skirt, and heels.

Time will tell.

Quietlisten

2 comments:

  1. "I just don't know yet whether I'll be spending that more-relaxed time in a chastity cage, skirt, and heels"

    Probably all three *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't ask what toy you bought. I should have. There may be a women who smiles and mews over the key every bit as much as you imagined smiles over a trinket. In the meantime it sounds like a lovely way to add a little reality to a fantasy.

    ReplyDelete