Monday, June 1, 2015

Getting "Over the Hump"

My plan for the weekend was to figure out how to keep my "plumbing" in order during long-term wear.  Health is my Number One consideration, obviously.  The most important two health-related issues with long-term wear are:  sanitation inside the device and keeping the prostate healthy.

Sunday afternoon I attempted to exercise the prostate. This is best done "from inside," but does take some practice.  I compounded the problem by doing a really bad job of cleaning out back there.  In the end, I was frustrated at being frustrated and made mess of the whole thing.

I'm travelling a bit for work at the moment and can't really do what I want when I want.  That throws another monkey wrench into the whole equation.  Even if I figured out the technique, I'm not sure when I'd get to apply what I learned.

Out of frustration, I took off the cage.  I was not thrilled with what I found.  A handful of very tiny blood vessels visible behind the corona, grey appearance to the head, and an awful stench.  Obviously, I'm not doing well enough in the hygiene department and will have to figure that out.

So, more obstacles to overcome.  In the short term, I made the decision to travel without the cage for a week and do some research.

But there is also the emotional side of things.  After a time -- it appears that with me two weeks is getting into the neighborhood -- my own personal kink isn't enough to keep the cage on.  I'm not sure how that would work if I was playing with someone who was into it.  I just don't know.  I had read that feelings get transferred to the keyholder, but I'm not sure what that would look like or feel like.

So, taking a week off while I figure some of this out.  I'll state as I have in the past that anyone who claims to just put a device on and wear it long term is lying.  It's not easy, though I admit that I probably make it harder than most.


No comments:

Post a Comment