Monday, May 18, 2015

First Run

I made it through another night wearing the Holy Trainer 2.  Yes, I had another nocturnal "event," but as with the first time, it was not painful and I was able to get through it.  Twice.

This morning was another milestone regarding an impossibility with the CB series of devices:  running.  I need to run, or stop eating.  Running is preferable.  So if a device cannot be worn while running, then it's of little use to me.  (I'd love to find one that allowed distance cycling, but unfettered male equipment in general is borderline on that score, so it's a lot to ask.)

Of course, shorts are important, so I wore the baggiest I have.  I also kept the route to four miles to start... will work up to more through the week.  But it was fine.  I can't put it any other way.  I could feel it, but there wasn't a lot of rubbing or pulling, so the compactness of the thing pays off again.  It was even a faster run that I've had in a couple of weeks.

We'll see if there is any bruising or other negative impacts, but I doubt there will be.  It simply wasn't a big deal.

So, more excuses by the wayside.

There are two more hurdles to get over with regard to longer-term wear:
1)  "Keeping fluids moving," for lack of a better term, and
2)  the emotional impacts of long-term wear.  This is soon to become the difficult and interesting part, I think.

Only two days in on this experiment, but my record for wear is three days without removal.  That is starting to look ridiculously short.  Wait... did I just say that?  Good thing nobody reads this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment